Try making these yummy beet chips! Beets are delicious when roasted with a touch of salt.
1 tablespoon olive oil
˝ teaspoon sea salt
4 beets, washed and scrubbed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the olive oil and sea salt.
- Ask an adult for help to slice the beets thinly (as close to potato chip size as possible).
- Toss the beets with the olive oil and salt.
- Spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning halfway through, until crisp.
- Check frequently to make sure your chips do not burn.
Makes 4 servings.